Friday, February 24, 2012

Tues, Feb 7, 2012
Kris I.L.I.T.E
                         At the I.L.I.T.E trip, there were many students from many different schools. Also, James and Mike from Positive Gear came to the I.L.I.T.E event. A singing crew called StarChild-X sang a few songs and sang on 99.9 Virgin Radio, my FAVORITE radio station! They were Starchild, J-Walz, and D Lon. There was another singer there also, his name was Diego, and he was on The Next Star, my least favourite shows. The comedian, Stu Saunders, made jokes that made me laugh really hard.
During the lunch break, that was when the singers and dancers came out; the comedian came out before our first workshop at the beginning of the I.L.I.T.E event. One of the dancers freaked me out because it
looked like he was going to dislocate all of the bones in his body. I.L.I.T.E. is Intermediate Leaders In Training Event. It is a leadership event full of amazing workshops. I had so much fun on my first workshop. During the first workshop we did games for self and a group work. We also learned what leadership is all about. The second workshop was so boring; I didn't even want to be there in the first place. All we did was talk and watch a boring video which we never finished. Also, I never learned anything in the second workshop,except that Black history month is in a certain month, and that Aboriginal history month is on a certain month and etc. We also talked about the war of 1812; I got a poster about it.
                     The I.L.I.T.E trip was from about 9:00 A.M- 2:30 P.M. When I got to the bus at 8:00, I was sooo tired! The I.L.I.T.E event was at a large high school called Mother Teresa. Many people from many different schools came to the I.L.I.T.E event. Also, people from different high schools came to volunteer to set up and do the I.L.I.T.E event. Even though many different schools came, a few never attended and only a
few students/classes from their schools came. The I.L.I.T.E event had a lot of people that could learn to be great leaders. Speaking ofwhich, at my first workshop, I learned a lot about leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment