Friday, February 24, 2012

Lent
Class: Ms. Babb.
Grade: 7
                        Lent is mainly about how Jesus going to different places without any
food or water as a test of self-discipline and him dying on the cross for all of us. To give, share and sacrifice. The first day of lent starts on Ash Wednesday, which is a day that all Catholic's get black crosses on our foreheads to represent Jesus sacrificing his own life for all of our sins. I think the true meaning of lent is to sacrifice one or two things we like because if Jesus can go forty days(not including Sundays)without eating and drinking, then I might be capable of giving something up too. Usually kids give up pizza, video games,
account using and mainly everything they use a lot. For lent I thought that I should give up Facebook and chocolate because I use Facebook a lot and I love eating chocolate. By me giving up Facebook and
chocolate, I'm showing that I'm capable of giving up something for the lord our God because he gave up eating and drinking for us. Basically, everyone knows that story; well at least I hope so. The real truth is
that lent is about giving, sharing and sacrifice. I think these three words are the meaning and the true definition of lent.Always remember to pray and thank the lord our god for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment