Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Homework is not a waste of time!

BY: Victoria
Is homework really a waste of time or is it what makes us do the things we can today? If you think about it, by doing homework it gives us more knowledge to go far in life. Furthermore, it is very important
to complete all assignments learned in class through homework. By having homework, it helps us to prepare for pop quizzes, tests, and to complete all school assignments. By doing that, I will not fail. For example: when I got a good grade on my math test, it was because I did my homework the day before. Doing homework is like studying every day. This is why homework is good for pop quizzes and tests. Homework is not a waste of time because students learn and understand what we learned in class better by having to read and do it again. My teacher always said "Everything we learn in class will come back to haunt us in the next chapter" meaning we need to practice these methods at home.
Homework is not a waste of time because by understanding the work it gives us more courage to participate more in class and by doing that, we will get better grades. For example: by doing homework, I have learnt many different ways from my parents and teachers to solve problems with a clear understanding. This will boost my self- esteem up and make me want to do better each time, not only does this help me but it also teaches my parents too.
This essay is proof that homework is not a waste of time because I would have never finished this in class. After doing this essay, I have noticed that homework is very important in many different ways.

8 comments:

  1. You did a good job on it you realy showed me why homework is not a wast of time you grabbed my atension and i look foward to hearing more from you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Victoria,
    I think you did very well in this essay. I liked how you stated quotes and used a nice thesis sentence for your introduction. I think you should of stated more details in your opinions and put some strong adjectives in your body paragraphs. But overall, it was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Victoria,
    I liked your rhetorical question in the introduction. It really did make me try to change my opinions on homework. I could relate to your life examples. You didn't completely restate your opinions in your conclusion. Next time try to find a clearer or better clincher. Besides that your essay was great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Victoria,
    I really liked the rhetorical question that you used at the start of the essay. I also liked the reasons you used for why homework is not a waste of time. But i think you could have used better word choice and a you could have had a stronger clincher at the end. It was a great essay overall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Victoria,
    I really like how your paragraphs are are clearly stated and how you use logical connectives!there are some mistakes and you should use more emotive language. Your essay is clear throughout and is really good!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Victoria!
    What I liked about your essay is that you really explained what you were arguing about and that you used a rhetorical question! Somethings that you can improve on is making your introduction more attention grabbing and making your conclusion a little longer.Above all, I tink your essay was really great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear: Me

    I am proud to see that my essay came out so good. What I liked about my essay is how my introduction started off with a strong beginning” Is homework really a waste of time or is it what makes us do the things we can today?” however I need to improve to put more detail into it, stronger words, and make my conclusion a little longer.

    From: Victoria

    ReplyDelete