Friday, February 24, 2012

lent

By: Mistica
Class: Ms. Babb
Grade: 7
                          To me, lent means that it is a time to think of all the things Jesus has given up for us sinful humans. Remember when Jesus was all alone in that dreadful desert without any friends, family, food or water? If Jesus can sacrifice his food, water and most importantly his life for, as Catholics we should all try to sacrifice something important to us. Like for an example, I am giving up being unpleasant towards my
family. Now on, I will listen to exactly what my family tells me to do. And I will try to make it a habit. Lent is really about the love Jesus has for us and the love we have for him. And these are just a few ways to show we love him since he gave up something extraordinary! From Ash Wednesday till Easter Sunday most Catholics give upsomething. It doesn't have to be like what Jesus did. It could be something as simple as chocolate or candy. And this is not just about giving up something. It's about your love towards Jesus. That's what I think lent is about.

1 comment:

  1. Mistica,
    You wrote a great paragraph on Lent.
    You we re very clear bt if there was one thing I had to change is your grammar. Overall, great!

    ReplyDelete