Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I.L.I.T.E. ASSIGNMENT

I.L.I.T.E.
By: Alexandra
        I.L.I.T.E. Intermediate Leaders In Training Event. This experience was very educational and fun. I,L,I,T,E. is a leadership program with workshops, talent shows, and performances. It took place at Mother Theresa's high school. I.L.I.T.E. is supposed to teach students to take a stand, don't be afraid to try something new, and to get back up when you fall. I.L.I.T.E. changed me in a good way because it taught me to never give up and to lead by example. I am going to use the skills I learned in I.L.I.T.E. in my daily life.  
            As I entered the high school I was very excited and curios about what was going to happen today. When we all gathered together in the theatre this guy names Stu Saunders talked us and other schools that attended to I.L.I.T.E about what it takes to be a leader. My first workshop was called Extending the Circle of Hope. It was about how this girl named Meagan who was in kindergarten and had a brain tumor. Meagan's friends and family all worked together made 1000 paper cranes, and made her a paper cranes ceremony.  They did this because Meagan read this book called 1000 paper cranes and the book says that if you make 1000 paper cranes you get one wish. So they did the ceremony and they all wished for Meagan's health. Unfortunately God wanted Meagan up with him in Heaven so Meagan did die. What I learned in this workshop is that one person can make a difference.     

No comments:

Post a Comment