Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Homework is NOT a Waste of Time
Name: Helena
Teacher: Ms. Babb


Parents want the best for their children. To have a brilliant life, encourage them to have good grades, and help them to not be lazy. This is when homework is needed. I understand that homework is a bother at times, but without homework, how would children succeed in life? At times like these, homework is actually a good thing to do.

My first opinion that I would like to clarify is that homework prepares children for the next lesson. Homework is when they need to practice on the work they did on that day. If they don't understand the previous lesson or if they forget about it, homework that is based on the specific lesson can help them understand, therefore, they could reminisce to it. Furthermore, if there is an up coming test, the homework can teach them the lesson again and they could study over it to prepare.

My second reason of why homework is not a waste of time is because homework is actually worth 60% of our grades! I quote from my teacher, Ms. Babb. If students do their homework, the 60% will count in their
grades, have a better chance of going into their future careers and it will benefit in their entire life. If students don't do their homework, they won't acknowledge the lessons that they learned on that day.

My last stable reason of why homework is not a waste of time is that homework can entertain them. Instead of watching TV or surfing the Internet, they could do homework. I know, this doesn't necessary sound
like a reasonable statement, but TV and computers could damage their vision. Moreover, it could even affect their brains! Certainly, parents would not want to risk that, therefore, homework is a lot safer than it would actually sound like.

Homework is not a waste of time. Why do you ask? Answer is simple. Homework affects students' grades, entertains them at the times when they are bored and have nothing to do, and gives them time for them to
prepare or study for the next lesson. Some people may disagree with this, and I know many will, but surely, mostly every answer to many different topics is a 50, 50% chance of answering them, just like this one. At least, that is what I think. So, as you can see, homework is not evil, horrible, or something that will eat you whole, it's just something that teachers give you to show that they care about you; you're grades and such.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Helena,
    I think you did an excellent job on this essay. I like how you used nice vocabulary and did not repeat as much. I how you stated each of you're opinions clearly. I think you should improve on the introduction paragraph. I like you're thesis, but it needed more to grab the reader's attention. I also think you should of stated more in some of you're paragraphs so the reader can try to disagree to what you are saying. Overall, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Helena,

    That essay was great.You put in so many points that prove you are saying the right thing.One thing you can do is add some exclamation marks.But other than that the essay was great

    From Hrishi,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Helena,
    The essay you have written is pretty epic. I say this because from what I have read, there was an interesting hook at the beginning, no spelling and grammar mistakes, and it was very interesting. I liked how you started with a true statement (at least in most cases...) and explained your opinion and what you would be talking about in the essay. You had 3 terrificly written body paragraphs and a conclusion that left me thinking about what I just read. It was sort of funny at the end when you were writing about how homework is not evil. Your essay was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helena!
    What i liked about your essay is your introduction and conclusion! Your introduction really grabbed my attention. Your conclusion restated your argument which was really good! Somethings you can improve on would be using a rhetorical question and a little bit more emotive language. Otherwise, your essay was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Helena,
    After reading this essay it really made me feel like homework actually is a waste of time. The logical connectives you used throughout your essay like therefore or furthermore really added to your essay. The clincher at the end of your paragraph was well made and was very strong. Next time you make an essay you should try to use more emotional language to further grasp the readers attention in your essay. You made a few spelling errors in your last paragraph so next time be a little more careful. Moreover your essay was incredible and grabbed my attention

    from Josh

    ReplyDelete