Monday, February 27, 2012

LENT                By: Duckboy
   As I see it, Lent is a time to ask for forgiveness, as we resist any evil temptations that we may receive- in fact, any temptations altogether. We give up the items that we consider "extremely useful", though they're not- we just think they're cool. The First Lent occurred when Jesus fled to the desert, where he stayed for 40 days and 40 nights praying and fasting. Though the devil approached him, trying to tempt him, He could still withstand the pressure, setting an example for us to also be able to resist all sinning that we may commit. We also must ask for forgiveness from the Lord God, for all the evil sins we have committed, so that we shall ascend into Heaven after we die. And, thanks to our Saviour, Jesus, we may be able to enter the Kingdom of Heaven if we beg for forgiveness of our sins from the Lord. And now, in the season of Lent, we mortals must fast to show our abilities to survive without something we like. Also, we must GIVE to others who are in need- anyone who doesn't have all the necessities that we have. For Lent, I'm not exactly sure what to give up, but I might give up candy, or video games, or maybe just cut my time on video games… either way, I still won't be as good a person as Jesus, but it may help me to stop sinning throughout my life. As for the helping others part… I'm not sure what I can do to help people in need… though I can help the others around me, and if I see any poor people, I shall give them some of my own money; not much help, I guess, but I have no idea how else to help them. Not only that, but I shall also pray much more often, ask the Lord for forgiveness for my sins, and ask for help to be more united with Him, and to resist all evil temptations. After I have accomplished all these things and Lent comes to an end, I should become a better person- more connected to God. Yeah, that's what I believe Lent is about, though I'm not quite sure if I'm correct. 

No comments:

Post a Comment