Friday, February 24, 2012

Lent
Name: Anthonia
Teacher: Ms.Babb
Date: Friday, February 24, 2012


Lent is a season when Christians pay penance for their sins. Three pillars that have to do with lent are prayer, fasting and arms giving. During lent, we pray to God for forgiveness and ask to be accepted back into his family. Lent is the time to help people; friends, family or people you don't like. Fasting strengthens our mind and spirit. It helps us to overcome the desire for worldly things. My dad says that Easter is the most important season but I think otherwise. I think Lent is the most important period because it is the time to redeem ourselves clean in God's eyes. Ash Wednesday is the beginning of Lent. This day is when we receive ash crosses on our fore-heads that shows that we feel remorse for our sins. The ashes come from the palms from Palm Sunday. I want to give up meat, Twitter and Facebook this lent. I think it would help me be more disciplined and have more control over my worldly possessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment