Friday, November 25, 2011


Name: Stalaane.A
Date: Friday, November 25, 2011
Teacher: Ms.Babb

The Great Trip At Teen Ranch

        Do you wonder what Teen Ranch is about? If you said yes today I am able to talk to you about Teen Ranch. I went to Teen ranch last week with my class and the other grade 7's classes and it was the greatest trip ever. We were at Teen Ranch for four days and three nights it was awesome. There were day activities and night activities. It was like living with my friend and wasn't pushed around by my parents.

We got to Teen Ranch around 11:30 and missed breakfast. There was an orientation until lunch time. The orientation was done and we had lunch. The lunch was perogies, sausages, and vegetables. The taste was still on my tongue and I couldn't wait till dinner because that is how good it tasted. The food was served right at every meal time. We had 4 coloured pins: red, blue, yellow, and green they were for setting up every meal. Each group had a turn to set up the meals. I was in the red group and the red group supposed to do breakfast but we missed breakfast we had to do lunch. This is a way to be responsible.

       We got choose which cabin we wanted to be in. I stayed with my friends Victoria, Megan.D, Alexandra, Helena, and Kimberley. We shared on bathroom and there was a stall in our washroom. There were four bunk beds and a single bed. Helena, Alexandra, Victoria, and I slept on the top bunks. Kimberley and Megan slept on the bottom bunks. We got along but one night we heard taping and scratching on the window and the door, I got scared to death. I would advise the next year grade seven students to sleep on the bottom bunk.


We went horseback riding and my horse's name was Ivy. It was a mother of a grey horse and when we went for a walk my horse got scared and jumped quickly when I was on it. When we were starting to do the trot I thought I was going to fall but at the end of the trot it was fun so I wanted to do it again. You should always be confident in yourself when you are doing the trot. We also went skating. I love skating and I have been skating since I was little. I fell once or twice on the ice because when I got on the ice first I fall. I was helping Megan and Alexandra to skate. We were at the skating rink for an hour and through that one hour it was magnificent. Lastly we played the game predator and prey. I liked this game because it was really amazing game.  Was a chipmunk and I got caught 3 times in a row. But what really hurt is when I tripped over a gate and got a big bruise on my leg. That is why you watch where you're walking.
      
We had a bonfire night and I love bonfires. They are my favourite because we get to roast hot dogs and marshmallows. We had seconds on hot dogs and marshmallows but they fooled us that someone was going to scare us. That is why in case we were walking in a group so we don't get scared. But at the end of the bonfire there was no prank and I felt fooled. We had a dance night and it was super incredible. There were great songs because Ranielle brought over 100 songs. Everybody was dancing because the songs were fantastic. Lastly we had a karaoke night and I loved karaoke night because people get to sing and dance. I participated in all singing and dancing. There was a great song to sing or to dance to. We had a cabin dance off. That night is what I cannot forget in my life.
      

This is the end of my essay. Did you enjoy my essay about teen ranch? So this is what my opinion of Teen Ranch is. Don't do trouble because the school is closer than you think. Bring a calling card not coins because you're going to be wasting coins. Hope you now understand what it is like in teen ranch. People travel to faraway places to watch in fascination king of people that ignores you at home.   

2 comments:

  1. Dear: Stalaane
    Your essay was great. I think the paragraph about horses was awesome. My horses name was Rascal. I agree with the last paragraph because should not get in trouble. One piece of advice I would give you would be to try to use better grammar.

    From: Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Stalaane,
    Your essay was really good. I really liked how you are focused on 1 topic in each paragraph. For example, in one paragraph you focused on food then the other cabin life. Another thing I really liked about your essay was that you used detail like in one paragraph you explained what happened as soon as we got to Teen Ranch. Then there is also a few things I think you should improve. I think you should improve your detailing because when you talk about a subject you instantly don't add a lot of detail. Another thing I think you should improve on is is when you start another paragraph try to somehow link them instead of just skipping to another topic then another or else the reader might get confused but if you do link them the reader would think it flows perfectly and connects really well. But overall I think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete