Friday, November 25, 2011

Teen Ranch is Paradise        



Name: Kyle
Date: Friday November 25, 2011
Teacher: Ms. Babb

Would you ever live at Teen Ranch? Most people don't know what or where Teen Ranch is. It is just a few kilometers away from Orangeville. People get to go skating, horseback riding, rock climbing and more. People actually do live there and get to do everything there. The staff makes you breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Teen Ranch is one of my favourite places to be. Teen Ranch is the best place in the world.

                                                                                                                               One of the many reasons why I would want to stay at Teen Ranch is because of the food. We had dessert after every meal except for breakfast because we usually had a big breakfast. For breakfast we had stuff like bacon, cereal, pancakes, bacon, eggs, and English muffin. We had a few different desserts like worms in dirt, cookies, and ice cream. Every mealtime the staff would ring a bell so that everyone would know to come to the dining hall. Every day there would be a group of people set up for the meals, then clean up, and they would also take your plate. The portion sizes were great. The food was always nutritious because they always served lots of vegetables. I wish I could eat the food there forever. Cabin life was the smallest part of the trip, but also a pretty fun part of the trip. I was in cabin ten with Justin L., Nicholas Y., Simon, Ethan, Nicholas P., Ducky, and me. If you are wondering who Ducky is, he is Simon's stuffed duck. We had to wake up to one alarm because we only brought one alarm. You have to keep your cabin clean. You have to keep your stuff clean. If you do something bad your teacher will drive you home even though how far it is. If you have pests or friends you have to stick with them.

 

After riding a horse I feel like I could ride one anywhere I go. I learned all the basics to riding a horse. I got to go horseback riding twice and I got to go skating twice. I got to set a record for rock climbing. Which only three people beat so I set the fourth place record. I had lots of fun riding a horse and doing wilderness skills. I learned how to survive and a new way to get around.

   
Would you do activities in the night? We had a video dance party, a movie night, and a bonfire. At the bonfire every one roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. We sang a few campfire songs and told ghost stories. At the movie night we watched the movie named "Karate Kid." Some people at the movie actually fell asleep. At Teen Ranch we always had something fun to do before bed.
  
Teen Ranch has the best food and incredible activities. Teen Ranch is so fun because of all the activities. There was never a boring moment. Teen Ranch is the best place one the world. I will remember Teen Ranch forever .It was honestly heaven on earth. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved your opening sentence about Teen Ranch! It included many large words, just like the rest of your essay. Your essays body had a huge amount of details, assuring that you spent lots of well earned time constructing it. Your concluding paragraph is amazinng, and well describes our experience at Teen Ranch. The duck part was also fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kyle,
    I like how you used a lot of describing words in your essay, and how you put in a lot of detail. Next time,you can maybe revise more carefully and make your sentences longer. Other than that, your essay was great!

    ReplyDelete