Friday, November 25, 2011

Title: Teen Ranch Experience

Name: Kristen
Date: Friday November 25, 2011
Teacher: Ms. Babb.

North of Orangeville, there is a place called teen ranch. An overnight camp for all ages. There are cabins and horses and much more. It's an amazing experience, physically and spiritually. It's a place where it's all about having a great time and putting all the stress and worries behind. You wake up to a beautiful morning. With a very delicious meal and even if you sleep late, and you're super tired, you still won't be grumpy. It's also kind of like having a sleepover with your friends.
At teen ranch the food was amazing delicious. On the first day we had salad, sausage and pirogues. The best meal we had was rice, chicken and vegetables. I obviously loved that meal because I'm Asian but that still doesn't make a difference. The food was yummy that day and I enjoyed it, very much. The only thing I dislike in all of the meals is the oatmeal and raisin cookies. They were disgusting. No offence to them, they're great cooks but I just highly disliked the oatmeal cookies. Overall they did a great job.
My Cabin was the best cabin ever! In my cabin I had Hannah, Nyat, Cameron, Anita, Katrina and Samantha. On the first night we slept at around ten or eleven and woke up at 5:15 in the morning thinking it was daylight savings. That night, the plan was to wake up at 6 or 6:30 to take showers but instead we woke up an hour early. The only thing I didn't really like about the cabins was how the shower temperatures are uncontrollable. Like we would turn the nob to the middle to make it warm and it would do the total opposite and the water would turn into freezing cold. Even though the cabin had a little complication's, it was still kind of a pretty good cabin.
For our activities at teen ranch we played frolf, rock climbing, and horseback riding. My top favourite activity we did there was rock climbing because I think it was the most exciting out of all of the activity's. When they get you set up, they slide a harness on you, adjust the ropes to you and your ready to climb. But before you climb, you have to ask to questions which are, if your blay on and permission to climb. When I climbed it took me 20 seconds to climb up the wall. But the fastest time out of my whole grade is 13 or 14 seconds. It's was a good climb.
The night time activity's we had at teen ranch were movie night, another dance/karaoke and another dance. Movie night was pretty boring because the movie we watched was karate kid and I bet me and my whole grade probably at least seen in once or twice. The first dance was fun but not as fun as the second dance. The second dance was exciting and very funny. There were people dancing and just having a good time.
In the end, teen ranch was a great place with your friends and family. After the trip you realize what great friends you have with you. I am very great full for the great time. Since now that I have told u my experience, it's your turn now to have a great time like I did.

Kristen.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kristen
    This was a very exciting essay, I really enjoyed some of the descripted words you used such as spiritual, physical, and delicious. I also liked how you mostly made it like your own opinion on like the food or the movie night. I think that you need to work on some of your topic sentences because I know that your a great writer. I think you should also add more descriptive sentences. Overall excellent essay kristen great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kristen,
    Your essay on Teen Ranch was spectacular. I really enjoyed your use of words in this essay such as uncontrollable, spiritually, and many other fantastic words you piece of writing. In this piece of writing the There was one thing that was incorrect the rock climbing record for the entire grade was 8.8 seconds which was made by me. Overall your piece or writing was extremely awesome!

    ReplyDelete