Friday, November 25, 2011

The Teen Ranch Experience


Name: Megan
Date: Friday, November 25, 2011
Teacher: Ms. Babb


      So many of my friends told me about they're trip to Teen Ranch and about how fun and exciting it was to be there. At teen ranch, you do so many amazing activities like, horseback riding, skating, and rock climbing! When our school found out that we got to go too, we couldn't wait to start packing!

          Eating at Teen Ranch was like eating at a restaurant! It was way better then I expected! Everything was delicious, especially the foods I've never tried before like fajitas and sweet potato fries!  For every meal, we would get two servings of food and then desert. Before and after the meal, there would be a different group everyday that does setup and clean up. My favourite food was the spaghetti because I love Italian food! I also liked the soup! It kept us warm when it was snowing outside.

      Having our own cabins was my favourite part of Teen Ranch! They were warm, cozy, and comfortable! I had people in my cabin that I really got close to. They were Alexandra, Victoria, Helena, Kimberly, and Stalaane. We had a lot of fun because there were no adults in our cabins with us. The only parts that were difficult ere keeping the room clean and the shower schedule. Then beds were comfortable but are hard to get used to. I think that the best part of this trip was coming back to a warm and cozy cabin after a freezing cold day outside!

      Out of all the activities we did on this trip, I'd have to say that horseback riding is my favourite! The hors that I rode on was Milly! She was nice, calm, and gentle. The first day we rode horses, we went through a forest. I was scared that I might fall since the trail we went on was a bit steep and rocky. On the second day, we went through some fields. We also tried something new, a trot! A trot is almost like when a horse is skipping. Every time we would do a trot, the person that's riding would bounce up and down.

      The hardest part for me was the night activities because I would feel so tired after a whole day of activities. Even though I was tired, I still had a lot of fun! The first activity was a movie night! We watched "karate kid". The second night, we had a video dance party! I made it to the final round of the dance competition but one of my best friends, Jordan, won!  The third night was the bonfire and dance. During the bonfire, we sat on benches in a forest, told scary stories, and roasted marshmallows and hot dogs over the fire. Later on, we had a dance! Some of us brought IPods so we used them for music! 

      3 nights and 4 days seemed really short since everything there was really entertaining. There wasn't a single moment where I was bored! Everyone there was so nice and welcoming! Saying goodbye to them was really difficult. There were so many people I got closer to! Teen ranch was a life changing experience. It's definitely a trip I'll never forget.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Megan,
    I really liked you essay. You should work on making your clincher and lead a little more intresting. I like the way you gave in detail like talking about your horse and the cabins.

    From: Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Megan,
    Your essay was very well done and interesting. Your paragraphs were all very descriptive but you should try useing more descriptive words in your writing.
    From:Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear: Megan,
    Your essay was awesome and interesting. A piece of advice I would give you would be to put a little more detail into your first paragraph. However I think you did a great job.

    From: Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear: Megan,
    Your essay was awesome and interesting. A piece of advice I would give you would be to put a little more detail into your first paragraph. However I think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Megan,
    Your essay was spectactular! I like how you put lots of detail in your sentences. One thing too remember, is to always double check your writing just to make sure u spelled everything right. Over all, you did a fantastic job.

    kristen.

    ReplyDelete