Friday, November 25, 2011

 My Time At Teen  Ranch

Name: Kimberley
Date: Friday November 25, 2011
Teacher: Ms. Babb



          Teen Ranch was founded by Christian Ranchers in 1960. It is now a summer camp and a camp for school trips. Teen Ranch is a place like no other where you can experience community living and the beauty of nature. On November 14, the grade 7 classes of Cardinal Leger got to go to Teen Ranch and it was one of the best weeks of my life!
          The food at Teen Ranch was amazing. We ate in the dining hall and fifteen minutes before each meal a specific group would help set it up. I was in the red group so my group did set-up on the first day. When everyone had come in and taken a seat, we were allowed to go into the kitchen to get our food. The food tasted great and everyone loved it. We had many different types of food for each meal. After everyone had finished, the same people that did set-up would help clean up.
          Living in a cabin was one of the new things that I got to experience during my   time at Teen Ranch. It was a little hard to share a cabin with six people but it was exciting. In the cabin we had to decide who would be sleeping where and what time people would be able to use the shower. One morning, one of my cabin mates thought she saw fingerprints on the window and we all got kind of scared but I knew that it was probably nothing. The people in my cabin, which was cabin 1, were Helena, Megan, Alexandra, Victoria, and Stalaane. It was great to be able to experience living in a cabin with my cabin mates. Living in a cabin was enjoyable even though it was a bit hectic at times.
          The activities at Teen Ranch were some of the most incredible things that I have ever done. One of the activities was horseback riding. It was my first time being on a horse, without someone else steering, so I was scared but after I learned how to do it, riding seemed easy. Another activity was skating, which was fun although it made my feet hurt. When we did frolf I turned out to be pretty bad at throwing a frisbee but I got better after a while. One of the activities that I didn't like very much was rock climbing since I didn't get very high up after multiple tries. We also did wilderness survival, in which we went into the woods and tried to build a shelter. On the last day we played a game called predator prey. To play the game we went into the forest and pretended to be animals. All of these activities were so exciting to try and I am glad that I got to experience them.
          The night time activities were just as awesome as the other activities. On the first night we had movie night. For movie night we watched Karate Kid. The video dance party was on the second night. During the video dance party there were mostly dance-offs. The bonfire and the dance were on the last night. We had to walk through the forest at night, which was scary, to get to the bonfire pit. When we got to the bonfire we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. After we had gotten back from the bonfire, we had our dance. These things that I got to do at Teen Ranch were all amazing experiences that I will always remember.
          At Teen Ranch I was able to encounter many astonishing things that I will never forget. Although sometimes it was a bit hectic, I loved every minute of it. Teen Ranch will always be one of the best places that I have ever been to.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kimberley,
    I have read your essay about Teen Ranch and I thought it was excellent. What I liked about it was that you used interesting words such as astonishing, encounter, and hectic. I also like how you described every piece of information of what happened and how you felt about Teen Ranch. I can tell that you put a lot of work to your essay.
    From Helena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kimberely,
    I forgot to put a negative post. Some of the sentences were a bit unclear but most were good.
    From Helena

    ReplyDelete