Friday, November 25, 2011

Name: Christopher
Date: November 25, 2011
Teacher: Ms. Babb
Teen Ranch Camp
What is Teen Ranch? Teen Ranch is a camp for people to have fun. Teen Ranch is in Orangeville, Ontario. The camp is a really beautiful. There is a really nice pond at the bottom of the steps to the dining hall. There is also a big lake on campus. At the ranch everyone did cool things like ice skating and horseback riding. Out of all the camps I've been to, Teen Ranch is one of my favourite camps. Teen Ranch is really an outstanding camp.
The food at Teen Ranch was really good. I think that everyone really liked the food at Teen Ranch. The food is so good that you would always want more food. Lots more food! On my first meal we ate perogies, sausages, and salad. At the rest of my week I ate lots of delicious food like hamburgers, breakfast sandwich, fajitas, nachos, and chicken with rice. Yumm! Every day for the meals you can sit wherever you want to sit. I really like that because at another camp I had to sit at a certain seat. For the desert they have ice cream apple crumble and delicious cookies. Delish! All of the delicious food comes from the dining hall. You can smell the food from far away! I really like the food at Teen Ranch.
In my opinion I think that the cabins, inside and out, were really nice. I really liked sleeping inside the cabins because it was really quiet. That meant that I could sleep in peace. All of the boys' cabins, from cabin 10-6, was called Pokey's Pit. There were 2 cabins in 1 house. I was in cabin 7 with Zion, Lucas, Noah G, Justin S, and myself. Cabin 8 was across from my cabin. Our whole house was really funny because we made lots of funny jokes. I think that everyone in our house had a really great time at Teen Ranch inside the cabins.
Frolf, ice skating, horseback riding, rock climbing, trampoline, and predator and prey were the daytime activities I did. The ice skating was cool! Literally! When I was skating, I fell down a lot but I didn't get hurt. We skated twice in the large Olympic sized ice rink. At the Ranch, famous NHL players come to Teen Ranch and practice in the rink. The players stay in a nice hotel on Teen Ranch campus. I really like horseback riding. When we got to choose our horses, I chose Oscar. I chose Oscar because when we were reviewing our instructions, Oscar was looking at me. I was at the gate at the barn when Oscar was looking at me. I was really excited about our first ride. It was so fun. On our last ride I chose Oscar again. We finally trotted. On our first trot I felt so good. The trot was awesome! On the trot I was so high I thought that I was going to fall off the saddle! Before our last trot Oscar got scared and I wonder why? At Teen Ranch there was a trampoline. I went on the trampoline a lot of the time we were at Teen Ranch. I really liked the trampoline because I did a lot of cool tricks and I didn't get hurt. I also went rock climbing. On our first climb I got to the top fast! On the 3rd time I raced to the top to beat a record. On my practice I got 15 seconds. On my real run I got 14 seconds and beat the record. The old record was 20 seconds. The new record is 14 seconds. The fastest time ever on that wall was 7 seconds! Wow that's fast!  I also played a game called frolf. What is frolf? Frolf is Frisbee golf. The same rules as golf but you have a Frisbee and you have to hit the pole. On our last day we played predator and prey. It is a game with animals, diseases, whether, and funness. It was a great game. I was chased and was the chaser. I was in the middle. At the end of the game I got 21 when cards. That means I ate well in the game.
 I really like the night time activities. On our first night we watched a movie. The movie was the karate kid. After that day I watched the movie 3 times. This movie was different. It was faster because it was newer.it was a good movie. On the second night we had a karaoke/dance night. It was awesome! Everyone's favourite song played. Everyone danced and sang along to the songs. On our last night we had a bonfire. Everyone roasted marshmallows and hot dogs. Hannah told a scary story and I got scared. I hate scary stories.
At the end of Teen Ranch, all of the boys took a big group picture at the bottom of the steps to the dining hall. We all left a few minutes after the picture. I think Teen Ranch was a great experience for me. This was an outstanding camp. It is my favourite camp. I wish everyone could have a great experience like me. Teen Ranch is fantastic!

2 comments:

  1. Dear chris,

    That was a good essay. You described Teen Ranch really good.I could imagine Teen Ranch in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kris,
    Your essay was pretty good. In this essay there were a few mistakes like in the night activities paragraph, you did not space after the period and didn't capitalize. You had a good word choice but repeated yourself a lot with "I really like...". What you did do good is that you painted a marvelous picture of Teen Ranch in my head. You used some good transitions and some excellent describing words.

    ReplyDelete