Friday, November 25, 2011

 
Name:  Alexandra
Date: Friday, November 25, 2011
Teacher: Ms. Babb

The Life at Teen Ranch

          My sister went to Teen Ranch and she said it was fun and spectacular. On November 14th – 17th I went with my class on a four day, three night trip to Teen Ranch. When we first got there I was very excited to see my cabin. The activities we did there were skating, hiking, frolf, horseback riding, and rock climbing. The food there was amazing and where we ate the food was very grand. The people there were fantastic and great. I think every grade 7 should experience to go to Teen Ranch. 

          The experience at Teen Ranch was amazing! There was a variety of food, and there were always lots to go around. They always gave you the main meal, with a side dish, and the side dish was either fries or vegetables. Then for lunch and dinner, after the main meal, they gave us dessert. For breakfast we had cereal, bacon, scrambled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, milk and juice. For lunch and dinner we had potato pirogues, soup, tacos, spaghetti, B.L.T.'s, vegetables, rice, chicken, lemonade, and water. For dessert we had cookies and cream ice cream, marshmallows, pudding with whip cream, Oreo bits, gummy worms, apple crumble, and mango juice. The food overall was awesome and very delicious. 

          When you go to a ranch you don't get a five star hotel you get cabins. As soon as Stalaane, Helena, Kim, Victoria, Megan, and I got to our cabin we thought it was amazing. We had 9 beds. 4 bunk beds and 1 single bed. All of the top bunks had a board to prevent us from falling off. The bathroom was very clean. It had one shower, one toilet with a stall, and one sink. Before free time was over we would come to the cabin and talk about how fun Teen Ranch is, and how much we miss our parents. The cabins were where the memories and bounding happened.

What are one of the gentlest creatures in the world? If you guessed horses you are correct. Horseback riding was a great experience for me, and I would have loved to go back and do it again. My horses name was Lulu and she was calm and didn't have any problems with the trail. We went on two different trails. One of them was through the forest and the other was going through some grassy areas. One the first trail there were a lot of steep hills and I was very nervous. At the end of the trail I got the hang of it and by the second trail I was a little bit of a pro. Also on the second trail we did something called trotting. It was when we did a bit of a jog on our horses. The horses were well trained and I had a great time riding them.

          Movies, dancing, singing, and roasting marshmallows were what the highlights of the nights were. On the first night we stayed there we had movie night. We watched Karate Kid. It was action packed and funny at times. During the second night which was karaoke night there were dance competitions and a little bit if singing at the end. The next night was the dance and every one was jumping around, singing along, and having a good time. Finally the last night was the bonfire. We all gathered around the fire pit and Hannah came up and told us a ghost story. After that we all had roasted hotdogs and marshmallows. The night activities were the best part of the whole day at Teen Ranch.

          When we had to leave Teen Ranch I was sad but happy at the same time. I was going to miss the wonderful people, the activities, the food, and most of all my cabin. Teen Ranch was a life changing experience for me. Every day I would get close to a person that I never really talked too. There was a lot of memories and bounding with every one there. Wouldn't you want to experience something like this.    

4 comments:

  1. Dear Alexandra,
    Your essay was very interesting to read. I like how you have alot of detail in every paragraph. I also like how in every paragraph you stick with one topic. For example like in one paragraph it's about food then another about cabin life. There is one thing I think you should work on. I think you should work on your lead in the introduction because it really didn't grab my attention and another thing you should work on is your clencher at the conclusion because it really had me thinking that you were going to continue when you didn't. But overall I thought it was a good essay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear:Alexandra I love your essay! I like tipe of words you used. The paragraph about the horses was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Alexandra,
    I love the words you used in your paragraphs and how descriptive you were!
    Something you could work on is your lead. It
    Didn't quite grab my attention but otherwise, your essay
    Was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear: Alexandra,
    Your essay was incredible and very detailed. What I liked about your essay the most was how you used your grammar. I learn a lot from you. But I think you should work on your title because I know you can come up with a better title than what you have.

    From: Victoria

    ReplyDelete