Monday, November 28, 2011

TEEN RANCH EXPERIENCE
By: Lucas
Date: November 28, 2011
Teacher: Ms. Babb

                   North of Orangeville there is a place called Teen Ranch. There is a barn with horses to ride and a forest to run through. There is also rock climbing and skating. It’s an amazing place and I think every grade seven should be able to go. I have been to many different camps before but Teen Ranch really stood out to me.
            One of the best things at Teen Ranch was the food. My favourite meal was the fajitas. Later the next we had bacon and eggs, burgers, ribs, potatoes and beans. When I was setting up I put forks, spoons, and knives down on the table. In front of that there was juice and water. Later when everyone came, I sat beside Serena, Mark, Kristen, Joseph, and Nyat.
            In my cabin there was Chris, Zion, Noah, Justin, and I. We were in cabin number 7. I wanted to be with other people but it was okay being with them because they were funny, loud, and gave me gum. The cabin beside us was cabin eight and in the cabin were Tyler, Ryan, Shawn, Joshua, and Joseph.

            When I went horseback riding I was really scared because it was my first time. My horse’s names were Chili and Cola. As I got on Chili he bit another horse and the horse almost bit my leg. Later I left the barn. We entered the forest and saw people doing the survival test. When I went for the second time I was more relaxed. The horse I rode was Cola. She was a great horse. The next time we went riding we took a different route and tried trotting. When everyone began trotting my butt started to hurt because we were bouncing up and down. Ms. Babb started laughing.
            The activities we played were frolf, rock climbing and bouncing on the trampoline. Frolf is Frisbee and golf put together. There were poles numbered 1 through 9. You had to try to hit the pole with the Frisbee. Rock climbing was amazing because there were two hard courses and two easy courses. The first people to go were Holley and Justin. As Holley came down the wall she said “I feel like Jackie Chan.” It was really funny. Justin and I were the only one who tried and succeeded both hard courses. The trampolines were really bouncy and it was easier to do front flips and backflips. When I got in the trampoline Serena would be taking pictures of me in the air flipping and turning.
            During the game Predator and Prey I was a Weasel. A Weasel is a carnivore. When everyone entered the forest I was able to catch anyone I wanted except for the weather or diseases. Mark, Meagan, and I were all carnivores. We were the red team. The first people I caught were Anita, Kristen, and Sarah. They were all in a group together. At the end of the game I ended up with 29 animal cards.
            My favourite thing was the dance/karaoke night. Everyone was dancing and singing. My favourite song was teach me how to dougie. Ms. Babb announced we were going to have two contests. One of them is boys vs boys and girls vs girls. The second contest was cabin vs cabin. My cabin went up against Mark’s first. We danced and sang to the song “Who let the dogs out.”
            Now that you have imagined what Teen Ranch is like. It’s your turn to go and have the experience of the life time.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
           

1 comment:

  1. That is one amazing essay, Lucas! The detail you injected into your sentences is amazing, and your opening paragraph is very articulate. Your concluding paragraph really wraps up the essay, too. The only thing i reccomend is that you merge your sentences together more, other that that, your essay was epic!

    ReplyDelete