Friday, November 25, 2011

Name:Nicholas Y.
Date: November 25.2011
Teacher: Ms. Babb
Teen Ranch
North of Orangeville there is an amazing place covered with beautiful forests, ponds, lakes, and fields. This alluring place is called Teen Ranch. In my opinion, this place is the best place EVER!! I think every grade 7 person should have experienced this epic camp for themselves. Now you might not think the same as me but whoever doesn't go to this camp, I would feel really sorry for them. Everyone should experience what it feels like to live there for a week with their friends.
        The cabins at Teen Ranch were really good, better than other camps I've been to, but what did you think? In my cabin, cabin 10, there were 6 really superb people! The people were Simon, Nick P, Justin L, Ethan, Kyle, Ducky, and of course me! But I said 6 people, you heard 7, that's because Ducky is Simon's extreme pet duck! The first we did was unpacked our sleeping bags and toiletries. Cabin life with my friends was fun but mostly in our cabins we played a few games, slept, and used the bathrooms when we needed to. Also the cabins only had a little space because it had 8 bunks.
        My impression of the food was it was probably the best of all the other camps I have been to but that is still only my opinion. First of all the taste was so good I wanted a lot more. It was so flavoursome that I felt like I never was going to be full. Some of the food we had was perogies, burgers, ribs, and a lot more that I can't remember because we had an excellent time! And what was good was that all the foods were healthy but really good. The tables had about 7 seats and I think there were about 9 tables that the students and teachers sat in. Set-up and clean-up wasn't new to me because I do it at home. For set-up we put cutlery and other essentials for eating breakfast, lunch, or dinner. For clean-up we wiped down tables and put away everything.
        Horseback riding was really good except we didn't go that fast. A few times we trotted but not a lot. I had a much behaved horse named Ivy. She was a white coloured horse who listened very well. We saw the beautiful forest, large piles of poop from the horses, and a huge field. We all had a good time and some peoples butts started to hurt including me! I was sort of good at it since I rode before.
        I was a little nervous when I stepped back on the ice. This was because before I did skate but it was a while ago. I also used to play hockey when I was younger. When I got back on the ice I was like a natural at it. I only fell down when I bumped into someone. There were some others who couldn't skate so I helped them try to get better. Even though I was sort of good some of my friends were skating like a moonwalk which is kind of hard for me!
        You wouldn't believe how hilarious but fun the night activities were! We had a dance and we all sang, we watched a movie and made up some jokes from it, and we did journaling to remember these terrific events.
        This stunning camp had me wanting to stay for a longer period of time. I think I have plans to go somewhere in the summer with my friends next year! Teen Ranch was an extremely good for me. I know everyone had fun and everyone said it was the BEST OVERNIGHT CAMP EVER!!


2 comments:

  1. Your words were quite descriptive, Nick! As well, as your sentences, compellive and detailed, with no mistakes or maybe a few that I didnt notice. I especially adored the part about Ducky. (yay Ducky!) I dont have anything to reccomend for next time- it seemed pretty darn amazing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicky! great work. That was a great essay. Your sentences were detailed with acouple mistakes. It's okay. I think Simon liked it when you called him Ducky. Go Simon.

    ReplyDelete