Friday, November 25, 2011

Teen Ranch Experience

Name: Anthonia
Date: Friday, November 25, 2011
Teacher: Ms. Babb

"When a woman goes away from home she comes back a new person." My mom always said this when I leave the house, and she is right. If you went to Teen Ranch you would agree with her too. Life at Teen Ranch is a life changing adventure. The food, horseback riding, cabin, and the skating would make you want to live there. This Ranch in Orangeville helps you come together with your friends and even people you never thought you'll be friendly to. Teen Ranch is a phenomenal experience every gr.7 student should have.

Have you ever eaten a meal that made you want to savour the taste forever? That's exactly how the food at Teen Ranch was. Each morning we ate cereal but with something else added. We could eat bacon and egg, pancakes (which I tell you were amazingly soft) or eggs and ham sandwich like the one at Tim Hortons, except homemade. I liked that the cooking staff made separate food for those who had allergies. The bestpart was after each lunch or dinner we have dessert. The desserts they make are absolutely MOUTH-WATERING. Sure, my mom would be able to makeit better, but I wouldn't mind living there; if I could enjoy such meals.

Living together with your friends brings you closer. I think, that sentence should be a quote, because I witnessed it and I was a victim to it. All the girls in Cabin 2 were not necessarily best friends. We all were friends, but we weren't as close as we are now. Many events occurred that led to our close friendship. My cabin mates: Chauntelle, Precious, Taylor, Serena, Rochelle, Stacey, and M.J were all scared because of a noise and a shadow. They said that they saw a hand move by the bathroom window and they freaked out. Someone kept knocking on the cabin door and they thought it was the boys; at night-time. I wasn't that worried, because if the guys didn't come into or cabin, or if the hand didn't grab me why should I be worried. They were all scared for 2 days but we later old the teachers and they scouted our cabin that night. After that the disturbances stopped, since then we stayed together throughout the trip. When one of us had a problem we worked together to solve it. I've never been closer to any of my best friends than ever. Our cabin was spacious but not pretty. We have to wake up early for set up. Some girls were to take a bath in the morning, afternoon, or evening. Although the living conditions weren't so grand, I had a wonderful time because of my BFF's.
 Do you know the feeling of a scary, blood-rushing bumpy ride with a feeling of your hair blowing in the wind? That's how riding a horse was for me. My horse Indie, who wasn't that tall, made me feel like I was standing on top of a two-story building. The exhilarating feeling of going fast on a horse was amazing! Indie was a very good horse; apparently Indie was a guy. I didn't know until I came to take him from the assistant. Trotting (a kind of jog for a horse) on a horse is really bumpy but the bumpiness makes it fun. I had a really great first experience because of my horse. He knew exactly where to go or when to stop. I only had to lead him when it was absolutely necessary. I admit I was very scared at the beginning but when the horse started walking I was more comfortable. I had a wonderful time riding Indie; I hope to do it again.
For all of you who have never skated before, never been on the ice before, or you forgot how to skate it's not that hard, when you get the hang of it. It was a little bit difficult for me to stand or even slide on the ice with skates. I had to learn to hold myself upright first and hang on to the wall. When I learned to stand I tried to walk on the ice in a V step way. It was hard. I fell only three times, but I got the hang of it. Some of my friends forgot how to skate but they learned to; all over again. You might think of quitting after the first step, but if you forget that you're not good or that you're going to fall you'll have fun. Skating was a really awesome and interesting experience for me. It might have been or might have not been for you.
This trip was a marvelous experience for everyone in gr.7. It educates you physically, emotionally, and spiritually. You can turn your life around just by going to Teen Ranch. I recommend that if you want to complete your gr.7 knowledge go there. You'll have the most amazing memory of your gr.7 year. There's an idiom used by many great people "live your life to the fullest". In this case the idiom would be a literal statement.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Anthonia,
    I really enjoyed reading your Teen Ranch essay.You used a lot of different adjectives to describe your adventures. In the intoduction you made an error by when you put(the skating) you forgot to put a space inbetween both of them. Even though you had that mistake your essay was superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anthonia,
    I really like your introduction,it has a strong quote. I also like how you described skating. Next time,you can go over your essays and check capitalization.You can also maybe put in more strong describing words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anthonia,
    I just finished reading your essay and I am impressed. Your lead sentence was a great ritorical question and was an amazing lead. Throughout your essay I noticed all your sentences and the words you used were absolutely incredible. I think you should work on your punctuation because you made a few mistakes. You should also work on your paragraph order because it seemed a little mixed up. Even though you made a few mistakes I think you are a stupendous writer.
    From: Josh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anthonia,
    This essay that you wrote here was exquisite! You did have a few mistakes like when you were talking about the food in the second paragraph, you put "makeit" not make it. What I absolutely liked about your essay was your alluring opening and strong clincher. You did amazing and I look forword to reading more of your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Anthonia,
    I LOVE your introuction. It was amazing and already had me thinking about being a new person. Next time, I suggest you revise more and edit. Other then that, great job!

    Yours,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anthonia,
    First of all, I adore your introduction. Its just spot on amazing. Always make sure to space out your words because "make it" are to seperate words. I suggest you edit and look over your new following essays more. Over all, you did a great job Anthonia!

    kristen.

    ReplyDelete