Friday, November 25, 2011

Name: Victoria
Date: Friday November. 25, 2011  
Teacher: Ms. Babb
A Life Time Experience at
Teen Ranch!

On November 14th 2011, I went on a trip with the entire grade 7 for four days and three nights. We went to Teen Ranch. It took us more than 1 hour to get there but I survived. Teen Ranch was a life time experience for me. Up to now I still miss all the freedom we got there. Agatha runs the ranch. She is an awesome person! Agatha thought me how to skate. If it wasn't for her we would not have been to Teen Ranch.   

The food was very delicious. My favourite meal was spaghetti and my favourite desert was called dirt and warms. The name sound very disgusting but tastes good. Each cabin has a coloured pin. (Red, Blue, yellow, and Green.) The pins tell us who has to clean on which day. If someone missed a day or a meal of clean up they would have to come back on the next day. The colour of my group was red so we had to clean up on the first day.




        The cabin I was in was cabin 1. I like cabin 1 because cabin 1 got to mostly do every thing first. We got to ride on the horse and we had to dance first. We also had to clean up on the first day too, but I didn't mind.  
     Lights out was at 11 o'clock but one time they let us stay up on till 11:45pm. If you have to set up in the morning you will probably have to wake up around 6:45am to get ready. Good luck!
     I am glad to have the room mates I had they were Alexandra, Megan, Helena, Kimberly, and Stalaane.       

Horseback riding was a blast! I think horseback riding was my favourite thing to do at teen ranch. Agatha spend an hour or more teaching us to ride a horse. It was boring in the beginning but now I'm a pro at it.
The next day we went skating and I was horrible at it. I hated skating and I didn't want to skate again. Later that week we went back to the skating rake. My friends encored me to try skating again. So I did and I was not bad.
On the last day at Teen Ranch we played a game called Predator and Prey. Every one has cards that say what type of animal you are. (If you are a predator or a prey) If you are a predator you have to catch the prey and if you do the prey would have to give you one of there cards. The point of this game is to get as much cards as you can. I think you should play this game because it is really fun!

The night time activities were great. We had a bonfire, free time and a dance/ karaoke night. At the bonfire I was terrified because my friend Hannah told us a freckly story. I also enjoyed the bonfire. I like roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. One of my friend's marshmallows caught on fire but he still eats it. Later on that same night around 9:00 we had a dance where we had to dance to what was on the screen. It was kind of like Just Dance 1, 2, or, 3.  I love it because I have never danced in front of so many people before. On our free time we get to do what ever we want but at night we can't. Usually at night we would just chat and scare each other in the dark.  

"A journey is best measured with friends, rather than miles" The best part of being at teen ranch is with my friends. I had great experience and an awesome time at Teen Ranch. Some times I wish in click of my fingers I can be their.



2 comments:

  1. Dear Vicroria,
    I like your conclusion paragraph. Your clincher was very good and made me want to read more. Next time give a little more detail in your writing. Also give a more interesting lead. Overall your essay was terrific.

    From: Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Victoria,
    I love how humorous some of your sentences are!
    I also like How you used a quote! Something you can improve on is your choice of words.

    ReplyDelete