Friday, November 25, 2011

Teen Ranch

Date:November 25th, 2011      
Name: Katrina    
Teacher: Ms. Babb   
                                                        



The Best Experience of My life
When our principal told us that Teen Ranch will be our grade 7 trip I was in shock I couldn't believe it. What is Teen Ranch? Teen Ranch is the most phenomenal and educational place ever. It is a retreat center for all ages. Teen Ranch tons of activities and great food. A lady named Agatha who runs the place is fantastic. She is one of the most down to earth adult I know. In my opinion Teen Ranch is the best trip I have ever been on. I don't think I will have another experience like this so I am glad that I got to


The food at Teen Ranch was fantastic. Usually for breakfast we would start with cereal such as corn pops, rice crispy, and much more. After the cereal we would have a breakfast meal like pancakes or eggs. The cabins would get these pins that were blue, red, green, or yellow. We would have a schedule showing whose group turn it is to set up and clean up. For lunch we would food like soup, sandwiches, wraps, and a lot more.  For dinner we would have food like spaghetti, ribs, and other foods.  We would also have desserts after lunch and dinner. For desserts we would have cookies, ice cream, cupcakes and brownies. Overall there was a very tasty variety of food at Teen Ranch.

            My cabin life was very interesting and fun. The girls in my cabin were Hannah, Anita, Nyat, Samantha, Cameron, Kristen, Keithlyne, and me. Our cabin was kind of gross but we still had an awesome time.  Sometimes we would check out some of the other cabins just for fun.  Most of the time during cabin time my cabin just talked, we made a lot of inside jokes that were really funny.  Our cabin was the last cabin, cabin 4 we made up a cabin that is kind of stupid but funny.  My cabin got the blue pins and that means that we set up and clean up at the dining hall last.  During the night we usually went to sleep around 12:00 or 12:30 and we usually wake up around 6:00.  I really enjoyed my cabin and the people in it we will probably remember this forever.

I loved the night time activities it was a great experience for me.  I haven't looked out at the stars in so long.  I am pretty sure that our entire grade got so much closer; we are like one big family.  During the activities we scared people and looked at the stars and sang songs.  We gave each other lots of hugs.  We also had a wonderful campfire where we had hot dogs and marshmallows.  At the campfire we also told scary stories and sang campfire songs.  Some of the other nighttime activities were movie night, a video dance party and a regular dance.  In between the activities we had snacks.  The night time activities were my favourite.  I hope we have something like this for our next trip.

Teen Ranch Daytime Activities
            The activities that we did during the day were skating, horseback riding, rock climbing, predator and prey, frolf, wilderness survival and making souvenirs.  There were three groups we were put in group1 and the other cabins were group 2 and group 3.  My group first went horseback riding, it was so much fun, we tried trotting it was scary at first but it was fun, my horse was named Indie.  We also went skating which was interesting because I thought I couldn't skate but after a while I got the hang of it.  When we went rock climbing it wa hard but I reached the top on both sides.  Frolf was very funny because my group was kind of bad.  Wilderness survival was kind of fun, my group was Samantha and Nyat our shelter was small and pretty bad.  Playing predator and Prey was so amazing I loved it we got to climb big hills.  I was a disease so I got to chase everyone.  Last but not least souvenirs, my souvenir had a unicorn on it and my name on it and the year on it and the girl's names who were in my cabin.  Teen Ranch is probably my favourite trip ever.

            Why should you go to Teen Ranch?  Teen Ranch is a very special place.  I am so glad that I got the chance to go.  There are only 6 Teen Ranches around the world.  So it's a great adventure if you get the chance to go.  After that week I felt really close to my class mates.  I am positive that everyone had an amazing time.  I hope we get another trip like this one.  From each and every one of us THANK YOU TEEN RANCH FOR A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE!

                                                                                                           
                                                                                                                                  

4 comments:

  1. Dear Katrina,
    You essay about Teen Ranch was very well thought out. What I liked about it was that you described every single bit of what happened in Teen Ranch. I also like that you had was very fascinating and I could understand most of your sentences. Some sentences were run-on sentences. You used the word 'and' a lot where there is supposed to be a comma, but other than that it was tremendous.
    From Helena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katrina,
    Your essay on Teen Ranch was very planned. Some things i liked about your essay was that you describe everything you wrote in a way it would be very intresting essay to read. Most of your paragraphs were clear and your spelling was good. One thing i wished you did better was that you stopped repeating words over and, over again in paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina,
    Your essay was written beautifully. I love the way you put so much enthusiasm in your writing. If I were to change it, I would edit over the run-on sentences and change how many times you used the word "and".

    Yours,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Katrina,
    Your essay on teen ranch was phenomenal. I love how at then end of each paragraph you gave a great compliment. The one error you made was that the two words night time are both seperate words. Over all, you did a great essay. Good job katrina!

    kristen.

    ReplyDelete