Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hockey Epicness by: Duckboy

   As I stepped onto the cold, solid ice, it never occurred to me that this hockey game would be as epic as it turned out to be, until the next few strides of my well- sharpened skates. Just as I passed the blue line, a beast of a kid ploughed me over. I flew into the boards, my helmet cracking the glass, and then I fell to the ground. It took me a while to recover and realise that the game hadn't even started yet, and I had already been smashed. I stared at the other team and noticed that they were all enormous, beasts of children. Some had scars, others had broken arms. None of these injuries seemed to bother any of them. I mean, I used to think I looked pretty tough with all of my hockey equipment on, but next to these guys, I looked like a little dweeb. I glanced at the coach, but quickly looked away. He carried a laser gun, so I decided it would be best not to make eye contact with the coach, or the players. But then I noticed my team, and I realized something. That wasn't my team. I turned my head towards the rink next to the one I was currently on. What I saw relieved me. My team was there, playing hockey with a bunch of little twerps that at least didn't have a coach that carried laser guns.  I had entered the wrong rink, and now the other team had to deal with these goons alone. I smiled, and continued my first hockey game of the season on the other rink.

By: Duckboy

  

No comments:

Post a Comment