Thursday, December 15, 2011

Zoink'd
Name Katrina
Date Thursday, December 15th, 2011
Teacher Ms Babb
                            What is this fascinating word you call Zoink'd? Zoink'd is a game show hosted by YTV. It is where crazy adults come and show us their talent. There are four kid judges who judge the adults to see if they are worthy enough to not be Zoink'd. There are about ten contestants on the show. The winner of the show always has the craziest talent. Zoink'd has fun props crazy talent and a very colourful studio. The show shows you talent that has probably never been seen before, it's wacky and you will love it.
                                On the show Zoink's there were two hosts, one for the commercial break and one for the show. Josh was the host for the commercial break, he entertained us when the show was on commercial. Adam was the host for the show. There were four judges, Natalie, Wyse, Alexis and Neal. My favourite judge was Wyse everyone loved him especially my friend Holley. There were about ten performers. The performers were adults with crazy talents competing against each other. Most of the performers were really good but in the end it came down to two performers, James Murphy, and Rob Paterson. James Murphy's act was break dancing, it was amazing. Rob Patersons' act was like a magic act, he was really good. In the end the winner was…….James Murphy. The hosts performers and judges did a fantastic job.
                       Have you ever wondered what shows during commercial? During the commercial break the host Josh would choose a contestant from the audience and the contestant would show us their talent. They also threw footballs, whoopee cushions, marshmallows and ping pong balls. There were all kinds of different talent like singing, different kinds of dance and much more. Most of the kids who went down to perform were from my school which was really great. The commercial breaks were my favourite part of the show because we got to goof around, talk to the hosts and show our talents. I really hope that everyone enjoyed the commercial breaks like I did.
                     Wow! Those were the first two words I said when I walked into the Zoink'd studio. It looked spectacular, the different colours, the props, the judges 'stage, everywhere I looked something was going on, either make up, cleaning up, props or people practising their lines. In the studio they had a lot of props, the props were mostly used to Zoink the performers. The Zoink'd props were ping pong balls, streamers and confetti and the coolest one of all was blue glue. I expected the studio to be way bigger and with lots more seats. I didn't know that every time they use a prop they have to bring out a crew to clean it up. I think just being in that studio was a great experience for me.
                             The only source of knowledge is experience. Zoink'd was educational because we were learning media literacy. I think that was another great trip that my classmates and I got to experience. I am
really glad that I got to Zoink'd because I got to see for the first time what goes on in a real live studio. I never thought that my grade seven year would have such wonderful trips. Overall the studio judges, performers, props and the commercial breaks were fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment