Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Origanaity is Key
Holly
                       Be zany, or be zoink'd! Welcome to Zoink'd and I'm going to explain to you how to play. There are four judges from ten to twelve years old and the adult competitors have one minute to wow these kids. If not, you will get hit by confetti, golf balls, soft footballs or gew! You have to do something completely original and if three out of four judges zoink you, well good luck!
                      Blue tuque, green suspenders, and winning smile. Meet Wyse. Wyse is one of the judges in Zoink'd and I would have to say that he is a mix of outgoing and, not so outgoing. When it comes to voting and giving his opinions he's fine. But if you have a girl like me yelling "I love you Wyse!" he's going to blush a little. During the acts on Zoink'd he pulled the lever quite a few time's. I don't know if it's because he's not easily entertained or he just likes dumping gew on people. He is a boy so I'm going to assume the answer is a little bit of both. I will never forget when he shouted "I love you too!" back to me with that big, bright, grade six smile.
                              As an unknown author once said, "The soul becomes died with the colour of its thoughts." When I walked into the studio all the bright colours interested me very quickly. I went from boredom of waiting to, Wow! This place is exciting. There were two huge stands for the audience at each side. The center stage in the middle and the place where the judging happened was on a platform in front of the stage. The best part of the set was all the cameras and the square shaped tunnel over the stage where the gew would fall. The bright, happy colours kept me excited and it totally changed my mood.
                        As an unknown illustrator once said, "A dream doesn't come through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work." When I heard this quote I immediately thought about Zoink'd. I used to think that memorizing lines and filming scenes was easy. The truth is that the cast had to practice about three or four times until they got it right. I really found it interesting for these people to make those kinds of mistakes. I also found it amazing because they never gave up. It was never about it you fell down; all that mattered was weather you stood back up smiling.
                          As a wise poet used to say "Everyone wants happiness and nobody wants pain, but you can't get a rainbow, without some rain." Watching these hosts and judges made me really think about people being perfect. Even though these people may be in show business, living their dreams; their life isn't perfect. Some might have divorced parents or someone in their family might be really sick. I know for a fact that these people are just like you and I and they may not always have a high self-esteem. They get nervous, scared, happy, excited and they mightshed a tear once in a while. But that's okay because we're all human.
Be yourself, or be zoink'd!

No comments:

Post a Comment