Thursday, December 15, 2011

Name: Alexandra 
Date: Monday, December 12 2011
Teacher: Ms. Babb

Zany or Zoink'd
"Dream big and you'll go far." I used to always tell myself this whenever I wanted to achieve a goal. My dream was to be on T.V. and guess what thanks to a field trip I got to experience that. It was like a dream come true. When my teacher told me we were going to be on T.V. I was very excited because I was going to have an experience that a lot of people don't get to have. The show I was going to be on was called "Zoink'd". I got to see how it's like to be backstage of a show, meet some people I have never met before, I now know what  Zoink'd is about, and Zoink'd is now my favourite show now.

          Have you heard of a show that will make you impressed, bored, and a little uncomfortable? If not let me introduce you to a show called "Zoink'd". On this show adults have 60 seconds to audition and win over the judges who are, by the way, kids. If they win they are crowned "Zoink'd Master" and win $1000 in pennies. If the judges hate the performance thy will pull their levers and balls, confetti, or goo will come out of some tunnels and splatter all over the contestants. That is how you know someone has been Zoink'd. When we were not filming we were having more laughs and fun than on the set. A guy named Josh came out and would anyone from the audience to come out and to a talent. To help out with the show we would clap, say "boo", yell "Zoink'd", and smile in front of the camera. We had a blast doing this. The crew was really nice because they told is exactly what to do and when to do it. It was like starring in a real T.V. show. Zoink'd is now my favourite show on YTV.

          "You've just been Zoink'd!" This was a very popular phrase for the audience and sometimes the judges to say. There were 4 judges they were Natalie, Wyse, Aleksa, and Neal. They were funny and straight up with the contestants. My favourite judge would have to be Wyse because he wasn't really nice but he wasn't mean. There were about 7 contestants but I am not sure what their names were.  The first contestant was dressed in a rapper costume and breakdancing, and the second contestant whistled while snapping to a couple of songs. The third contestant cried like a baby, and the fourth contestant did a magic act. The fifth contestant also did breakdancing, and the sixth contestant also did a magic act. The seventh contestants did a jump rope routine. Remember if you can't be zany you'll get Zoink'd.

                     Even though it sounds like a good show T.V. has their secrets. I learned that if the show has a host of any kind he/she uses an auto script. An auto script is what the host has to say but it is typed up and on a screen right below the camera. So while the host is just reading it off of the screen it looks like he/she is looking into the camera. Also when they put the show on T.V. the kids get fooled by it. Another thing that I realized was that the contestants are actually actors who auditioned to do some whacky performance on camera. Same thing with the judges they also had to audition. If someone on set messes up the crew keep on doing the same thing over and over until the person gets it right. I really look at T.V. differently now because I have had the experience of what they do in the making of it all.

Back down the empty hallways, through the doors, and onto the school bus. I was very sad when we had left. I had so much fun seeing some really weird talents, working with the cast, helping out with the show, and looking at how much time and effort it takes to make a show happen. Every moment that was spent in that studio was very memorable to me. I will never forget how magnificent it was to walk into that room and just feel like a star for once in your life. How much do you want to be a STAR?        

No comments:

Post a Comment