Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Name: Ranielle
Teacher: Ms. Babb
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012


The Decision


If you wanted to go somewhere but your parents wouldn't allow you, would you obey them or still go? Everyone wants the best, but sometimes your parents disagree to what you want. Heather wished to go
to Columbia University where every student protested against racism and the war. As a result, classes were always cancelled due to the protests. Mr. Hoodhood didn't want her to go to university because he wanted her to stay at her job, so that she would be safe. In my opinion, I think that he is right because if she went, she wouldn't be safe with all the chaos and she wouldn't even learn much since there would be no classes. She would be safer if she just sticks with her job which is exactly what Mr. Hoodhood wanted for Heather. People today still act like Mr. Hoodhood because parents know what is best for their child most of the time. This reminds me of when I asked my parents if I could go to a high school nearby, but they want me to go to a farther school because it would be easier for them to pick me up and drop me off. This relates to Heather's situation because the decision was also up to her. Anyways, if you were put in this position, what would you choose? Remember, the decision is up to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment