Thursday, March 1, 2012

Homework is not a waste of time essay




Homework is not a waste of time!



      The people who do their homework are the people who are prepared in life.  Studies show that doing homework improves your responsibility by 10%.  I know that homework can get you far in life and it prepares you for bigger accomplishments.

       Homework is practice and preparation for high school and EQAO.  We need homework to practice our subjects.  For example, if we learn a new math lesson we need after school time to study it.  Studying improves your learning by about 10%.  Students who don't do their homework will not achieve in school.  Homework shows teachers if we understand the lesson.  Students need homework to improve their memory because when EQAO comes or high school the students will remember what they learned.  Students use technology for Facebook and other websites, instead of using it for Facebook, teachers can show us how to use the internet for work.

         

Homework can prepare you for bigger things.  Those people who work hard in life are the people who become successful.  Yes indeed, it's good that the school adds more time to our homework because our attention span gets longer and we can absorb more knowledge.  Homework is a good thing because you learn more and become more responsible.  Being responsible is a quality I guarantee you are going to need when you get older; I have observed this by watching my five older siblings.

When you are doing your homework you don't have to start it right away you could wait an hour and do it then.  I believe this is a good idea as we have just been sitting in school all day and a break from this is good.  I find if students are having difficulty with their homework they could ask someone or find a resource like a dictionary or computer to help. Also having head phones to help block out noise helps with your concentration when doing homework or studying.  Doing homework is like an athlete preparing for a sport, if they practice over and above the sport they play then they will become better athletes.  Like schoolwork, if we practice doing work over and above the work in school we will become better learners. 







5 comments:

  1. Dear Katrina,
    What I liked about your essay is that you used some emotive language and you also put a fact about what homework and studying can do for you. A few things you can improve on would be stating your argument in your introduction and daring the reader to disagree. Maybe, you could even put in a rhtorical question or quote too! Otherwise, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katrina,
    Your essay was superior. Something’s I would like to point out about your essay is the overwhelming use of facts. Facts are usually supposed to be startling to make the reader want to read on. However, the way you put it makes your essay a lot more interesting than it already is. I liked the amount of personal experiences you used and opinions to support why you thought 'homework is not a waste of time.' Also, you did a good job in stating what you were going to be talking about in your introduction paragraph. Something you should try improving on is just putting a little more emotive language and also adding maybe some quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katrina
    What I like about my essay is that I used a couple of comparisons opinions and facts. I really need to work on my hook. If I could just take that time to work on using those words to grab the readers attention that would make my essay better . I enjoyed my comparison about sports. I think Overall i did my best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Katrina
    In my essay I really liked the comparisons, opinions and facts i used. I need to work on my hook and finding more quotes. I need to take that time to work on my emotive language that would make my essay more impressive. Overall I did my best and i think this was a great essay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Katrina,

    Your essay is awesome! I liked how you put true facts, will I hope it’s true. If it is, than not only is it true but it is also interesting. What I think you should work on is trying to put some quotes and try to make it longing with lots of details. Over all, you did excellent.

    From: Victoria

    ReplyDelete